Note: This is a post-pre-game picture.
Ya know what, in this world of uncertainties, we need to have a good time. So we just need to get this out of the way first. Of course, there are no hard and fast rules to having fun. But an optimal pre-game situation should include a few key elements. Let’s start by explaining with what the hell a pre-game is. According to Urban Dictionary (always a reliable source) this is the definition:
“Activity that is DRINKING BEFORE DRINKING. Usually to drink before going out to a club or party. Sometimes the reason for pre-gaming is to get a buzz started before arriving at the destination, and sometimes to spend less money trying to obtain a drunken state at the bar or club…”
1. A true pre-game involves 2 or more people. Drinking alone is just not as much fun.
2. Drinking before the pre-game kinda defeats the purpose. Unless your purpose is to be belligerent before the party even starts.
3. A pre-game is just that. You wanna be tipsy afterwards, not fall down drunk. Otherwise you won’t make it to the “game” or party.
4. Bring something! A pre-game doesn’t always have to be BYOB but hey, the more the merrier.
5. A good playlist is necessary. Conversation is cool, but drinking songs are better. Here’s some essential songs from our pre-game playlists.
- LMFAO – Shots
- Black-Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling
- Gucci Mane ft. Plies – Wasted
- Kirko Bangz – Drank in my Cup
- Any Rick Ross song. Seriously, any one.
6. Make sure to invite people that are equally invested in having a good time. Drama is a buzz kill.
7. Please remember this is supposed to be easy fun. Pre-games don’t really require much planning so don’t over think it. Enjoy yourself!
Devani: Aww, we were so cute back then.
Kimesha: How things change…
D: Yeah man, it’s getting real out here.
K: Who you tellin’?
D: And why the hell am I taking my sock off in this picture?
K: I think you’re putting your sock back on actually.
D: Oh really? Then why didn’t I have socks on in the first place?
K: I don’t know. Maybe you had sandals on and then you were putting on sneakers.
D: Whatever. I really like those sunglasses though. Kinda wish I still had those.
K: Yeah, those were pretty nifty.
D: We’re not this cute anymore I don’t think.
K: No, we don’t get that cute anymore. There’s a different word to describe our cute now.
D: Raunchy? Scandolous?
K: Something along those lines.
D: On the lines of being less “cute” these days, I’m about to make a caipirinha with pineapple juice today.
K: OMG, that sounds really good.
D: Do you know how excited I am? Like, I don’t even know what to do with myself. This is my life right now. Anyway… Wait, do you wear eyeliner.
K: Oh yeah, yup.
D: Do you wing it out or do you just keep it simple?
K: Well you know, I only do the bottom of my eye…
D: Do you do a pencil or a liquid liner?
K: I do better with a pencil ‘cause I kinda like to smudge it a bit. I think a liquid liner is better for when it’s winged. And don’t you think the black liner makes the brown in your eyes come out more?
D: Oh, definitely. I use a pencil on the bottom but I use liquid on the top because I usually wing it out. And it’s like, the more you wear makeup, the more you feel you have to wear makeup.
K: You know that’s true. But tell me it’s not true that anytime you say you won’t wear makeup you end up just throwin’ that shit on?
D: OMG! That’s why I have to wear it. I’ll just be like, “Oh no, I’m just gonna wear like some eyeliner or something.” And then I look in the mirror and my skin just doesn’t look as awesome as it could so I feel like I just have to spruce it up.
K: You know, we both have to invest in good tinted moisturizer. Definitely. While we’re still young and look good…
D: Old people don’t look good in tinted moisturizer?
K: I mean, not everyone can pull it off.
D: And now I really want dark lipstick too.
K: Yeeeahhh, it’s funny cause I was watching Rihanna’s performance on the Grammy’s and I was thinking about that.
D: Yeah, so I want like a dark purple and maybe like a raisin-y brown.
K: You know, it’s always like a red or a pink for me.
D: Oh ok, so you like really bright colors. You know your mom hates me because I bought you that bright ass red for Christmas. She was like, “I hate when Mesha wears that! She looks like a lady of the night!”
K: Ahhh, yeah… And I use it as blush too. That stuffs pretty awesome. You know we can turn anything into a conversation about makeup. We should make that a post.
D: I know! I’m recording this right now. This is the post!